Re: OT: I swear I'm going to run away to a deserted island

> My husband and I drove up to clear out more of my deceased father's
> house, pack more things, etc.  Got there and after about a hour I
> realized stuff was missing.
> The creeps had stashed some of the
> tools in the garage into the trash can and trunk, clearly to come back
> and get more loot later.  Also, we looked into an an old storage shed
> need the street, and found more stuff they had moved up there and stored
> to get later too.

   This is just awful.  I'm so so sorry that this happened to you and your
   family.  There are so many good people out there, but the unthinking,
   selfish, and sometimes evil actions of one person really make us begin
   to doubt our belief in humanity.

   I hope that they find these people (and more importantly, your belongings)
   and can restore your happiness and faith in people.

   Please keep us posted.  In the meantime, sit down, have a glass of Talea,
   and remember that there are good people out there who care about you.

Chris (who hopes he doesn't sound trite)