Re: Orchid

My monitor has it a pale lavendar, but it's lovely!  Definitely worth rescuing.

Libby
Maryland zone 6

It's pale indigo, Jim. Yeah, no tag. All of these "tree" orchids--maybe
10 or 12 altogether--were found and rescued from various dumps, trash
piles, and the like, mostly florist shop deliveries I suspect.

On Sep 7, 2005, at 10:09 AM, James R. Fisher wrote:

> james singer wrote:
>> We have three orange jasmine trees [large shrubs] planted around the
>> front patio. One of them is opposite the front door, and we have
>> established four orchids in various crotches of that tree. One of
>> these orchids has just decided to bloom. Here's a picture:
>> http://hort.net/+12Ts
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> And it didn't come with a name, or the tag is missing ? Pity,
> because on my monitor it looks nearly blue. Is it that way to
> the naked eye ? No purple or red color underlying it ?
> -jrf
> --
> Jim Fisher
> Vienna, Virginia USA