From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of TeichFlora@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 11:04 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Re: [Chat] bestfriends

Just saw a report where an anethesiologist had stayed behind in an
evacuated
hospital and taken in over 50 dogs, countless cats and a couple
hamsters
from people that had to evacuate but were not allowed to take their
pets.  He
promised them that he would not leave until the animals  did.  He's been
there
for 5 days without food or water.  The other day  a chopper came to
rescue him
and the animals but crashed....all were fine, but  he had to wait
another day.
 Today they got them out.  All the animals  were doing well, the doctor
on
the other hand was exhausted and at his wits  end...but was the last
out, after
the animals were safe.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 9/6/2005 8:46:06 PM Central Standard Time,