Re: Cat Introduction

I have always just introduced new kittens into the 'colony.' As long as there have not been a lot of older cats they have assimilated pretty quickly. Of course, the older cats look very fierce when they are establishing their place in the hierarchy. However, I have never had an older cat actually hurt a kitten.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 6:06 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Cat Introduction

Not gardening, but since there are cat people in the group, thought I
would ask for hints on introducing a young cat to older ones in a
household. (i saw a grey and white kitten in our local pet store
recently and thought about a replacement for Jason.) I would like to
have another cat, but don't want to traumatize  either the newcomer
or those cats established in the household. Any ideas out there???

Cathy, west central IL, z5b