[Chat] bestfriends, now records

I think the best favor you can do for yourself is to inventory you goods--and then make sure your homeowners is sufficient to cover the list. Most homeowners' policies have no more the 20K to cover goods--and we've go almost that much in computers, cameras, and art works.

Might consider storing the inventory on-line somewhere [rather than on your own computer] or sending a copy of it to a relative some other place.

On Sep 9, 2005, at 2:28 PM, Bonnie Holmes wrote:

I think if I lived in a hurricane-prone area, I would keep an emergency
suitcase plus a box of essential supplies and a list of precious items that
I could use to quickly pack in a waterproof box. My brother on the GA
coast does this.

I keep a "travel list" so I don't forget things that I need. It is so much
easier than trying to think of everything when the time comes.

Be Prepared,
Bonnie ETN Zone7

[Original Message]
From: kmrsy <kmrsy@netzero.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Date: 9/9/2005 2:18:18 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: [Chat] bestfriends

Wonderful to hear.
You know, I realize and fully understand many people thinking, "oh, it's
another hurricane, we can ride it out" and then getting stuck. But even
so,
why wouldn't they have a stash - like the Mormons(I think) who keep a
year's
supply of stuff on hand.

The first I'd think about would be my cats. I wouldn't want to put them
through it. And I wouldn't go anywhere without them. (which means I need
get another carrier or two) But I would have a stock of cat food and water
for them as well as other necessities for myself, if I were undecided
about
leaving.

Bless that doctor for staying with those animals.

Kitty

eIN, Z5