Re: Cat Introduction

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Cat Introduction
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:06:57 -0600

Cathy, I've intoroduced a kitten to older cats twice.  Both times the older
cat (neutered male both times)seemed to dislike the kitten, but also seemed
to understand that it was young and not a threat, so just generally
considered the kitten to be a pain in the tuckas.  The kittens both seemed
to be eager for acceptance to the point of being pushy.  I think you just
need to let them sort it out among themselves, though be observant in case
you do need to intervene.  There's all sorts of trauma out there; they'll
get over it.

Kitty