Asarum shuttleworthii

Maybe someone can help.  I have a prized little planting of this gorgeous
ginger.  It has looked terrific for 3 yrs and has multiplied a bit.  Just
recently it has collapsed in the middle.  A few leaves have died off, but
not enough to worry about its demise: but it's just not happy.  I thought it
needed more moisture but that didn't seem to help.  They like shade, but
perhaps it had gotten too shady, so I removed its neighbor; nothing.  It
just sort of lays there showing its stems when it should be turgid with the
leaves hiding the stems.
Any ideas?

neIN, Z5