Re: Asarum shuttleworthii

HI Kitty-

I have an asarum (can't recall which one right now) that earlier in the summer looked just awful, also just laid there and looked worse and worse. I finally decided it was too dry and maybe was getting more sun than I realized. I dug it up early last month and moved it to a moister/shadier spot and it has come back and then some. Apparently I didn't dig the entire thing out from the initial location, as I notice yesterday that there is a small start coming back there. I plan on moving it too... maybe today.

kmrsy wrote:

Maybe someone can help.  I have a prized little planting of this gorgeous
ginger.  It has looked terrific for 3 yrs and has multiplied a bit.  Just
recently it has collapsed in the middle.  A few leaves have died off, but
not enough to worry about its demise: but it's just not happy.  I thought it
needed more moisture but that didn't seem to help.  They like shade, but
perhaps it had gotten too shady, so I removed its neighbor; nothing.  It
just sort of lays there showing its stems when it should be turgid with the
leaves hiding the stems.
Any ideas?

neIN, Z5