Re: OT--So many white folks

> It has been noted. However, to be fair, (though I see no reason to be so
> with him as he certainly hasn't been with anyone else) it could be the
> media. Maybe all their photagraphers' pics were out of focus when black
> people were in the photo with Bush.

There's a valid technical reason for this.  People with darker skin would
look underexposed in a picture and unrecognizable, so adjusting the exposures
accordingly would end up bleacing out lighter-skinned people's faces.

Since our president has lighter skin we have to make sure that his face is
recognizable.  So it's better to just show him with other people with the
same complexion.  Purely from a photography standpoint, of course.

Chris (who's talking out of his political orifice)