Re: Another Question/Elephant Ears

Given that I have over 5000 chat messages not read, I may never catch
up - but this is a quickie - there are several forms of Colocasia
that put out runners; would have to do some looking up to name them
tho'...what you're seeing is not unusual.  Runners may also be usual
with other species of 'elephant ears' but I think it's mainly forms
of Colocasia.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade, Suite101.com
Shadyside Garden Designs

----------
> From: Hollikft@aol.com
>
> I have about 5 different species of Elephant ears I purchased on
Ebay.
> Right now they are ALL doing great.  I am puzzled by one that I
have in a
> container..   It looks like runners coming out..    only on this
one plant.  I didn't
> know that Elephants shot out  runners.
> Any clue?
>
> This Sat is my Tropical Party!  I just finished making over
Martha's Bar!
> It now looks like a Tiki bar..  I told DH I need  a Rectangular
Umbrella over