Re: What a week/ cats

She sounds like she's happy to have found a home -- and a mama.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] What a week/ cats

Hey Theresa, the little wild child mellowed out nicely after spending two
weeks or so in a large dog shipping crate. Had no choice, she was THAT wild.
Was like feeding a wild tiger, had to use something steardy to push and hold
her back to get to feed her and change the litter. Slowly we were able to
gain her trust by playing with her through the openings. Helped too that she
saw us playing and holding Ms. Kitty. Eventually she let me hold
her....except that she confused my neck with her mother's.....well you know. SO I ended
up with a kitten sucking on me whenever I would wake up or move. Vet said
it was normal, and to slowly wean her off of it, don't punish her or scold her
for doing it. Geesh....ever tried to explain hickey's from a cat?? She's
better now, but going through her geeky stage, very long legs and little body
and head. Anyway, she gets along well with the dogs, bunny, guinea pig, and
new puppy....who has a tendency to terrorize everyone, at the moment. Loves to
sit in front of the baby turtle pond and push the little turtles off the
rock into the water. But all in all she's doing very well being a house cat.

Thanks for asking!
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 9/16/2005 11:02:30 PM Central Standard Time,