Re: rain & weather

So good to see you back, Marge.  I had been concerned about
you, and missed your pithy comments.
We're a couple of zones north of you, but the drought here has
been brutal.  Since I'm on a well and don't dare run sprinklers,
I usually try to carry water, but this summer I've been struggling
with a recurrence of Lyme disease so haven't been able to
do too much of that.  Things look pretty sad except for my
container garden in the breezeway.  Most years we expect to
get some relief in the late summer and fall from hurricanes,
but in this year of the most hurricanes ever we have had no
benefit from them.  We've had no more than an inch of rain
all summer.
When we drove out to the Buffalo area last week for a State
Garden Club meeting - Gene Bush was the highlight of that
meeting - it was sad to see fields of corn that had not grown
more than about three feet high, and were just brown.  I know
farmers across the state are hurting.  They always give away
apples at this meeting - another big local product - and the
apples given at this meeting were only about half the size
they usually are.  Sad.
Anyway, welcome back.  Here's hoping your life is getting a
bit easier.
Auralie
Zone 5 - Hudson Valley

In a message dated 09/20/2005 2:00:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,