Re: Global warming and Rita

I thought of that when the Tsunami hit, because one of the natives  commented
to a reporter that the island looked much like it had 20 years prior,
without all the hotels, businesses, etc.  Don't laugh, ya'll, but I  honestly
believe that....for instance when there are earthquakes and  landslides that break
up all the roads, asphalt, etc.  It's as if the  earth is trying to shake off
some of it so it can breathe better.

In Germany, many many years ago already (okay, maybe not that long, I'm not
THAT old) but when I was younger they already had separation of the
trash....compost from the non-compostable.  The only paved areas were the  streets.
One was not allowed to pave driveways or walkways around the  house...there had
to be "greenspace" every so many meters, through parking  lots,  along roads,
bldgs, etc.    They used special pavers  that allowed the grass to grow
inbetween, or gravel or such as driveways and  walkways.

Not sure if Rita is coming this way, but govt. here is not taking any
chances, Galveston is already evacuating all nursing homes, and making  preparations
to evacuate people with public transportation.  The  Katrina evacuees from
the GRB and the Astrodome/Reliant are being evacuated  today and given free
flights to anywhere they want to go away from the coast.  Most are being flown to
Arkansas.  Messages are being flashed at the bottom  of the TV screen telling
people where to go for public transportation, and  that they can take their
pets. Boy...they'd have to give me and my "kids" a  bus for us alone.  LOL  Sure
hoping it doesnt' come to that, not sure  what we'd do.  Mom says to build an
arc, or rent a Uhaul.

Jim, hope all is well with you and yours.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 9/19/2005 11:02:27 PM Central Standard Time,