To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:03 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Global warming and Rita

Re Germany, ... how pristine it was. Littering, NOT ALLOWED.

Oddly, in a way this reminds me sadly of NOLA. I've been to several
Mardis Gras. Regardless of the mess that occurred throughout the day and
night, every morning, the streets were clean and beautiful, devoid of
litter.

Kitty

-- "hodgesaa@earthlink.net" <hodgesaa@earthlink.net> wrote:
Ugh, that just sucks. Pardon my language. I agree with Kitty. Those poor
people. At least they are flying them where they want to go. I think I'd
try maybe, I don't know, anywhere but the coast! Maybe Illinois?

I'm so glad they are letting people take pets this time. The rescue groups
have enough to deal with now! And I"m sure it makes people more willing to
evacuate.

Speaking of Germany, my parents lived there before I was born. My Dad
always told me how pristine it was. Littering, NOT ALLOWED. Sounds like
they've got it going on! At least environmentally.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC