Re: global warming/ Rita

Noreen,

Darlin', PLEASE get packing and get out of there...Sounds like
Scottie is ready to leave; you gotta move north for the time being;
get that truck and pack up the zoo and move!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade, Suite101.com
Shadyside Garden Designs

----------
> From: TeichFlora@aol.com
> To: gardenchat@hort.net
> Subject: Re: [CHAT] global warming/ Rita
> Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:22 PM
>
> Matagorda, Port Lavaca, Freeport are all pretty much due south of
my area,
> which means we'd be in the direct path, or on the seriously
immediate dirty
> side.   They haven't changed their trajectory much as to where Rita
 will
> go....anywhere from Port Lavaca to Galveston.
> Rita went from a Tropical storm to a Cat 4 in less than 24 hours,
and is
> said to become a Cat 5 before landfall.  Not good, considering
Katrina was  a
> weak Cat 4 and devastated La., Miss. Ala, and parts of Florida.
Doesn't  speak
> well for us being within 100 miles of the eye of the storm no
matter where  it
> hits.  They said the storm could cover the entire state, thats how
large  it
> is now.  So no place is safe, actually.  It's very overwhelming,
never having
> been through a hurricane at all, and not many have experienced one
of this
> magnatude, so hard to say what to prepare for.
> Noreen
> zone 9
> Texas Gulf Coast
>
> In a message dated 9/21/2005 10:51:43 AM Central Standard Time,
> gardenchat-owner@hort.net writes:
>
> NOAA has  not changed its predicted landfall [Port Lavaca-Port
Comfort