Re: Rita

Yes, I'm still here.  Dh is at work till midnight.  Spent most of  the day on
and off, and evening,  taking my "projectile missiles" in from  outside.  My
entire yard is an arsonal of missiles.  It would take  weeks to secure or
bring in the stuff it took years to accumulate. One has  no idea how many lose
objects are in the yard!!   No plywood so can't  board up, but we are going to
use anything we have, fence pickets and other  lumber we have around left over
from projects.  Thank goodness everything  is closed tomorrow, so Dh will be
home to help with that.  No way to bring  in all the small tables, statues, and
benches.  It was 99 today, hottest  day of the year so far, and a record high.
 That made it even more  uncomfortable.

Roads are parking lots around here, and with all the construction it is
worse. With the heat, lots of cars were overheating and breaking  down.   We're
waiting to see if the path of the hurricane changes, if  it doesn't then we'll
probably head out to mom's in San Antonio.  It's only  2.5 hours from here
(normally)....but then it took dh 2.5 hours to drive 20  miles into Houston this
morning to fill our prescriptions. Some of our neighbors  are heading out
during the night, hoping the traffic is better and the weather  cooler.  I'd like
to get whatever we can inside and windows boarded as much  as possible before
heading out.  Not quite sure how to get all the "kids"  out, but...we'll make
it work.

Thanks for everyones prayers, and kind thoughts, appreciate it very  much.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast