Re: Des Moines info?

This is very helpful Thanks! FYI- your State Income and sales tax rates are both cheaper than California. High taxes are definitely a relative thing. : )

Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:

Theresa, I may not be the best to ask. We have 4 seasons with very hot, humidity, very cold, and wind because we are prairie. We do have tornados but no hurricanes. I have been to many areas but always when I start home I would rather be where I am there any place else. We have anything you will find in a metro area. We have been rated the 4th biggest art festival in the nation and best state fair. Our freeway system is in the midst of complete reconstructing so moving about is not the easiest now but within 2 yrs it will be great. I have neighbors who choose to come here from lg cities & they think it is the best kept secret. Banking, insurance & agriculture are big industries of our area. We are known as the bread basket of the world. World known John Deere, both manufacturing & credit co are located here. World leader pioneer International, now owned by Dupont, and Meredith publishing are headquartered here. A new library with a garden roof is in final stages, new science bldg just opened, new huge events center recently opened, symphony, art center, minor baseball team with a stadium rated as the best in the minor team world, close to Ames our land grant university, 2 4 yr colleges & area school, highly rated public educational system but of course we are not with out negatives. We have hi property tax & state tax but housing is rated as moderate. We do not have wild indians roaming our countryside and we are not known for potatoes as we are many times confused with Idaho. Being in the heartland we are conservative but are rated as warm,friendly, caring people. This is probably more than you wanted to know. Ceres