Re: Noreen

Hey Noreen,
   Please be careful.
 Some of could always send our husbands down there!!!!    LOL
In a message dated 9/23/2005 1:06:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
TeichFlora@aol.com writes:

Yep, I'm  here.....everything we can do has been done, so now we are playing
the waiting game.  Still not sure about the final path of the storm,  but
say either way as large as the storm is we would get the  hurricane force
winds here 75-100 mph.  Only difference is that  they would be coming from
the NE
instead of the S, with the  rotation.  If by chance the storm does  head into
LA. instead of  Tx. we would still get Tropical storm winds 50-75  mph.  Also
they are saying there is a strong possibility of it stalling out   over us
to a high north of Tx. which means flooding rains.   Experienced  that here
Houston with trop. storm Allison that  dumped 45 inches of rain in a  couple
days.....no fun.  So we  shall see.

Oddly people are pretty much calm, playing the  waiting game.  Nothing  is
open, nobody is moving around, it's a  Shelter in place set up for the  next
days, which means nothing  is open, everyone is to stay in place,  curfews
up, etc.   Nobody is allowed to evacuate anymore, if they  haven't gotten
it's too late now.  Funny, it's eerily quiet.....no  birds in  site, nothing.
Only differnce is my "zoo" is very uneasy, very   nervous.  Obviously they
it.  My cat, Ms. Kitty that never  goes  outside, has been trying all day to
out.  Puppy is so  high strung, I  keep thinking she's going to have a
breakdown.   Power  keeps going in and out, cell phone  networks are clogged
most of the time, so  very difficult to get a  call through.  So.....we just
and wait.   Very windy,  but no rain yet. They say power once it goes, might
out for  a  week minimum. I'm enjoying catching up on the Chat list.  Thanks
for  all  the laughs ya'll, appreciate it...great to have something funny to
think  about.  Ya'll are a great bunch.  Thanks for the  thoughts and prayers
too.  Appreciate it.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast