From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of TeichFlora@aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 12:05 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Noreen

Yep, I'm here.....everything we can do has been done, so now we are
playing
the waiting game.  Still not sure about the final path of the storm, but
they
say either way as large as the storm is we would get the hurricane force

winds here 75-100 mph.  Only difference is that they would be coming
from  the NE
instead of the S, with the rotation.  If by chance the storm does  head
into
LA. instead of Tx. we would still get Tropical storm winds 50-75  mph.
Also
they are saying there is a strong possibility of it stalling out  over
us due
to a high north of Tx. which means flooding rains.  Experienced  that
here in
Houston with trop. storm Allison that dumped 45 inches of rain in a
couple
days.....no fun.  So we shall see.

Oddly people are pretty much calm, playing the waiting game.  Nothing
is
open, nobody is moving around, it's a Shelter in place set up for the
next few
days, which means nothing is open, everyone is to stay in place,
curfews set
up, etc.  Nobody is allowed to evacuate anymore, if they  haven't gotten
out,
it's too late now.  Funny, it's eerily quiet.....no  birds in site,
nothing.
Only differnce is my "zoo" is very uneasy, very  nervous.  Obviously
they feel
it.  My cat, Ms. Kitty that never goes  outside, has been trying all day
to go
out.  Puppy is so high strung, I  keep thinking she's going to have a
nervous
breakdown.   Power  keeps going in and out, cell phone networks are
clogged
most of the time, so  very difficult to get a call through.  So.....we
just sit
and wait.   Very windy, but no rain yet. They say power once it goes,
might be
out for  a week minimum. I'm enjoying catching up on the Chat list.
Thanks
for all  the laughs ya'll, appreciate it...great to have something funny
think  about.  Ya'll are a great bunch.  Thanks for the thoughts and
prayers
too.  Appreciate it.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 9/23/2005 11:02:42 AM Central Standard Time,