Re: Rita update

So good to hear from you this AM! Sorry to hear about DH's nose- but glad you're all safe and sound.

TeichFlora@aol.com wrote:

Hi all, we're fine. VERY VERY VERY windy, even now, and raining on and off. Can't even go outside, too dangerous. Dh did venture out earlier at first light to check things out a bit between rains.....some roof damage, lots of limbs down, large pots tipped over, but other than that we're fine. While out, dh got hit by a branch, got a bloody nose, other than that we're fine. Heard about lots of trees down in our area. Most of our area has no power, but we're fine here. Funny too, because any time it storms we lose power and cable, and now through this, we have both so far. Keeps popping on and off, but so far back on. Dh is making coffee, it's cold. I always thought that a hurricane was hot. That is why they said no lightening, since there is no clash between hot and cold, BUT it's a cold wind, so perhaps it's whipping so fast that it feels cold, you know like a fan does? Anyway, we still have really ominous dark clouds above us and extremely windy. So not totally out of the woods yet. Tornado watch too. Oh, they just said we currently have sustained winds of 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph. Gee, during the night they said we got gusts of 75, I slept through it all, took two Tylenol PM's had such a weather migraine, was a killer, so had to do something. Guess that's good that I slept through it.
Anyway, wanted to touch base while we still had power....and thank you all for the prayers and positive thoughts.....animals all fine, a bit shook up, but fine. Hugs,
zone 9
wind blown Tx. Gulf Coast