SL trip

Just returned last evening from our MG St Louis trip which included a stop a
Cathys garden in Quincy.   What a treat to meet Cathy as well as take in her
garden.   It was raining when we were there but that did not slow our group.
A beautiful home, garden and setting and Cathy was a wonderful hostess.   She
has it all with a small lake, woods, water gardens, lots of plantings and
paths.   The city of Quincy is so lovely with many huge, well kept, old homes.
     The trip included 2 great garden centers, the MOBOT gardens, 2 other
home gardens and a weekend in the company of gardeners.   The garden we toured
just before dinner on Sat had   wine and cheese for the whole group (50).
     We had a fully packed bus going home with plant purchases. The single
biggest purchase was Callicarpa which was in Cathys garden as well as the other
2 home gardens & MOBOT.   This is a plant we don't see often in our home
nurseries but I do have it in my garden.   Those purple berries really grabbed our
gardeners.
     The plant I found exciting in the 2 SL home gardens was Selaginella
(Arborvitae Fern) however it is hardy to zone 6 only.   Another one was Asarum
'Callaway', hardy to zone 5. Do any of you grow these.
     Ceres