Re: Holy basil

Mine grows really easily here. I bought a small plant several years ago- had new ones the following year, nothing last year, and now this year have several plants. Obviously can self seed- I was surprised to magically have plants come up this year, when I didn't have any last year. I'll check for seeds on mine, and get back to you if I see any.

James R. Fisher wrote:

james singer wrote:

Pam, the holy basil is going gangbusters. Don't quite know what to do with it. Ms. Fatma says her mother--the consummate Turkish bitch--once pointed this plant out to her and pronounced it sacred. Since Ms. Fatma was about 10 at the time, and terrified of her mother, she didn't ask why, unfortunately. But there you have it. Crushed leaves also smell different than Greek, African, Thai basils. Wonder how one uses it. Wonder if one uses it at all or simply worships it :>)
Does it set seed, or hasn't it bolted yet ? Would be interesting to