Re: pet petition

One of the main reasons we didn't evacuate, and would have found it
difficult to if we were mandated to do so.   Glad we decided not to or  didn't have
to, being in traffic for hours on end would have  literally killed them, and us.
 I think Katrina taught many a lesson  though......lots of information was
given out here in Houston about where to  call or go if one could not evacuate
WITH pets.  Best Friends and other  organizations had volunteers here in the
city before the storm to pick up  animals and take them to shelters or foster
homes.  People were also  allowed to bring pets on the evacuation busses as long
as they were in  carriers/cages.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 9/26/2005 5:08:27 PM Central Standard Time,