Re: pet petition

I couldn't leave Max either,  its a given!

Holli

In a message dated 9/26/2005 7:33:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
TeichFlora@aol.com writes:

One of  the main reasons we didn't evacuate, and would have found it
difficult to if we were mandated to do so.   Glad we decided not  to or
didn't have
to, being in traffic for hours on end would  have  literally killed them, and
us.
I think Katrina taught many a  lesson  though......lots of information was
given out here in Houston  about where to  call or go if one could not
evacuate
WITH pets.   Best Friends and other  organizations had volunteers here in the
city  before the storm to pick up  animals and take them to shelters or
foster
homes.  People were also  allowed to bring pets on the  evacuation busses as
long
as they were in  carriers/cages.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated  9/26/2005 5:08:27 PM Central Standard Time,