Re: OT/unemployed

In a message dated 9/26/05 6:29:02 PM, tchessie1@sbcglobal.net writes:

> But tell me more about the river walk!

The greater DM area is on a big push to provide trails and green space.   DM
is at the fork of two rivers, the Des Moines and the Raccoon which was the big
problem in 93' when we had the big flood.   Our great art show & many other
celebrations are held on the river bridges and the river walk would be in this
same area. This   would greatly enhance the area and draw people.   There is a
relatively new open air amphitheater on the river banks where concerts are
held weekly in the summer.   The botanical center is very near and would be on
the river walk as well as newly planned gardens.   Also the state capitol,
state historical bldg and the Cubs ball park are within walking distance.   The
highly rated Saturday farmers market is held on Court Ave just west of bridges.
     Ceres