Re: Gosh I miss you guys

Congratulations! Looks like you're getting close to victory.

If you can keep the weeds from going to seed, you probably won't have much
trouble next year. If you neglect them, the "one year's seeds equals seven
year's weeds" adage will kick in. Ask me how I know. :-(

Any chance you could pay your kids to pull weeds? I used to make a lot of
extra loot pulling weeds when I was a kid. It was "found money" that didn't
go into my bank account or into the collection plate and I loved it.

Perhaps you and Morgan could spend special time together- weeding, with a
plate of cookies and milk between you when she gets home from school. Some
of my best moments were spent with my mom or grandmother, poking around in
the garden. I only hated it when I was sent out there by myself (before I
was paid). Fifteen or 20 minutes a day, regularly, can make a big dent in
the mess.

okay, so I do really have a question for you all...my gardens are such a
mess...weeds everywhere and totally overgrown...do I just give up and
let it finish out it's year without trying to straighten it around or do
I try and eek out some time to do some serious serious work...we're
talking several days of it...what are the risks vs. benefits of doing
one over the other? Help!!! It's gotten to the point that even just
walking through the gardens brings me little enjoyment because I just
haven't been able to take care of them this year like I should
have...it's pathetic...

Hills, IA  zone 5

Work for the Lord:  the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this