today in the garden

I pruned everything away from the sides of the house. Sometime later this month we are getting the wood siding (crappy stuff with dry rot) ripped off and stucco on to replace it. Yes, I'm sick of repainting and replacing siding- especially on the south side of this house. Rather excited about the triple-layer stucco with fiberglass elasto- something or another that has the colorant in all three layers. Hypothetically, we won't have to paint ever again. I'll be happy if we make it 4 years without painting.
So- sore shoulders and back- did more today than I have since I had surgery. And not that I did that much- just out of gardening shape clearly!! Oh, I also dug out 2 pink jasmine that used to climb the back arbor. They were just getting carried away, were a spider haven after they bloomed, and the arbor has to come down temporarily when the stucco is applied anyway. I filled both yard/garden waster barrels- so now I have to wait 2 weeks until they get emptied again. (They alternate recycling and yard waste every other week here). Gorgeous day though and overall a nice weekend. Saturday evening I went with a friend to a minor league baseball game that went 16 innings. I was great! Where else can you get 5 1/2 hours of entertainment for $9??

Theresa