Re: today in the garden

Sounds like you had a lovely day!   I am too - it's been drizzling all day
here.  Hasn't done that since time out of mind.  No great accumulation
(about 3/4") but marvelous just the same.  Just went for a stroll out back
w/ a glass of vino and was like being in a temperate rain forest (albeit w/
tropical humidity).  Was a wonderful change of pace this has been.  Been
reading (and de-cluttering) all day, no hoses to move.  What a blessing.
Sugar is not impressed, but oh well - ya can't have everything.  LOL

On 9/4/06, Theresa W. <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I pruned everything away from the sides of the house.  Sometime later
> this month we are getting the wood siding (crappy stuff with dry rot)
> ripped off and stucco on to replace it.  Yes, I'm sick of repainting and
> replacing siding- especially on the south side of this house.  Rather
> excited about the triple-layer stucco with fiberglass elasto- something
> or another that has the colorant in all three layers.  Hypothetically,
> we won't have to paint ever again.  I'll be happy if we make it 4 years
> without painting.
> So- sore shoulders and back- did more today than I have since I had
> surgery.  And not that I did that much- just out of gardening shape
> clearly!!  Oh, I also dug out 2 pink jasmine that used to climb the back
> arbor.  They were just getting carried away, were a spider haven after
> they bloomed, and the arbor has to come down temporarily when the stucco
> is applied anyway.  I filled both yard/garden waster barrels- so now I
> have to wait 2 weeks until they get emptied again.  (They alternate
> recycling and yard waste every other week here).  Gorgeous day though
> and overall a nice weekend.  Saturday evening I went with a friend to a
> minor league baseball game that went 16 innings.  I was great!  Where
> else can you get 5 1/2 hours of entertainment for $9??
> Theresa

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A