Re: Happy >bats

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy >bats
  • From: Cathy Carpenter cathy.c@insightbb.com
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:43:41 -0500

I suspect that they are at greater risk of disease from mosquitos
than bats. After all, it is easier to avoid a sick mammal than to
prevent the much smaller infected insect from biting you. I have
still had no luck in attracting our local bats to my yard, but I
rejoice to see the green tree swallows "chowing down" every evening.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b