Use 3 cups infusion, bring to boil, add 1 pkg Sure-Jell and 4-1/2 cups sugar. Bring to second boil and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand until foam forms. Skim off foam. Pour into sterilized jars and cap.

2. Beauty Berry Jelly

Same as above except add 1/2 cup lemon juice and increase sugar to 5 cups.

On Sep 5, 2006, at 4:10 PM, Bonnie Holmes wrote:

Share the recipes...I have lots of beauty berries. My mom used to make a
good jelly from sea grapes. Sounds as though you do lots of preserving.

Congratulations on the new car. Hope all continues to do well.

[Original Message]
From: james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: Garden Chat <gardenchat@hort.net>
Date: 9/5/2006 2:50:23 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Jam

Besides hunting down a car this weekend, we made a batch of grape jam
with a gallon of muscadine grapes we rescued from a road-side vendor.
It turned out surprisingly good. The only tedious part was seeding the
grapes, but even that wasn't too bad. This adventure has inspired Ms
Fatma to want to try making beautyberry jelly. Anyone ever done that?
I've got a couple of recipes from the Florida native plant society that
look interesting but definitely labor intensive.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10