From: Bonnie Holmes [mailto: holmesbm@usit.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 15:36:16 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Gosh I miss you guys

Or, for even more non-weediness, put cardboard down with the desired
plants<br>coming through. I did this for my fall veggie garden...weed
free all<br>summer and now the cardboard is weak enough that I can just
poke a spade<br>down through it when I want to put in a
<judylee@lewiston.com><br>> To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>> Date:
9/1/2006 2:41:51 PM<br>> Subject: Re: [CHAT] Gosh I miss you
guys<br>><br>> I agree with Bonnie. Don't try to do it all, though.
Concentrate on a<br>area <br>> you see every day, clean it up & mulch
it. then, move on to another. If<br>you <br>> don't get it all done, you
will at least have one area that gives you<br>some <br>> pleasure. I
have been in a mess most of the past 3 years here, and this<br>has <br>>
worked well for me. I just kept up with the areas by entry ways, and a
spring<br>& <br>> summer doing

deep cleaning on the other beds and it finally all looks<br>good. <br>>
( Except the one I didn't get mulched!)<br>> Congratulations on your
graduation. A wonderful accomplishment.<br>> It's nice to have some time
with the kids. I drove my son to school his <br>> freshman year. Found
out a lot about his thinking and his dreams.<br>> Judy B<br>> -----
Original Message ----- <br>> From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan"
<wmorgan972@ameritech.net><br>> To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>> Sent:
Friday, September 01, 2006 5:42 AM<br>> Subject: RE: [CHAT] Gosh I miss
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! What an
accomplishment<br>with<br>> > all you already have on your plate!!! And
yes, we all need one-on=one <br>> > time<br>> > with our kids. My
youngest is 30 and I still want some time alone with <br>> > each<br>> >
girl every now and then and

so does DH. Of course, at their ages, it's <br>> > much<br>> > harder to
get that time with Rayna working full time and going to school<br>> >
full time and Tzeitel working full time and taking care of 4
garden question, last year with trying to get mother<br>situated <br>> >
in<br>> > the nursing home, I wanted to get the butterfly garden (which
happen because of many<br>circumstances.<br>> > This spring the whole
bed was totally out of control. There is no way<br>to<br>> > really
rescue it now other than dig it out, salvage what I can and start<br>> >
over, I'm afraid. If you can get the weeds out this fall, lay
brown<br>paper<br>> > grocery bags over the soil (leaving holes where
plants are growing of<br>> > course) and cover it with a layer of mulch,
you won't have that much<br>work<br>> > next spring. It worked with
another garden

area that I was able to get<br>to<br>> > last fall. It has been
relatively easy to manage this year while the<br>> > butterfly garden is
just depressing. Even the butterflies seem to like <br>> > the<br>> >
Message-----<br>> > From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
[mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On <br>> > Behalf<br>> > Of
Melody<br>> > Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 7:03 AM<br>> > To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>> > Subject: [CHAT] Gosh I miss you guys<br>>
I really <br>> > miss<br>> > all of you and your advice, your support,
your friendships. Can't<br>believe<br>> > how fast my time is going by.
Next week I graduate from my first<br>> > 2 years in the lay ministry
program and the following week I start the <br>> > next<br>> > portion
of training...the Parish Life

Administrator certification.<br>> > My kids started back to school two
weeks ago. Meghan is now in high <br>> > school,<br>> > 9th grade. Mark
is in junior high, 7th grade. And Morgan is now in 5th<br>> >
grade...since Mark and Meg ride the school bus now to and from
school,<br>> > Morgan gets to have Dad to herself for an hour in the
mornings and Mom<br>to<br>> > herself for an hour in the
afternoons...something she hasn't had since<br>> > before she started
kindergarten! She is over the moon! So am I to tell<br>the<br>> >
truth...I like having some time with at least one of my kids
you all...my gardens are such a<br>> > mess...weeds everywhere and
finish out it's year without trying to straighten it around or do I try
work...we're talking<br>several<br>> > days of it...what