From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Andrea Hodges
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 6:32 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] was Labor weekend now horses

Something I've always wanted to do and keep putting off is to learn to ride
a horse comfortably and know how to saddle, etc. I've got my first riding
lesson on September 23rd. I'm so excited.

I labored some in the garden over the weekend but not nearly as much as you
Cyndi! Wow. I'm truly impressed. If I had you and Theresa here I could have
my new shade garden ready to plant in no time. I did splurge and buy four
Smith and Hawken plant stand from a lady who is moving. They are very cool
and hold tons of stuff. I've managed to get quite a collection of orchids
working at the Garden Gate since no one know how to take care of them and
they all looked like crap. They got sent home with me. LOL! I'm actually off
this Saturday so I've got more plans to get the shade garden cleared out. If
only there wasn't so much "junk" in there I could start planting right away.

It's still got piles of bricks, fence posts, old windows, etc that need to
be moved and I am NOT looking forward to it. I just know the bricks will be
teeming with Palmetto bugs, or, the southern version of a giant cockroach
that can fly. Bugs don't normally bother me, but those things freak me out.
I have no problem squishing one, but hoards of them make me feel like I've
been dumped into the middle of a bad sci-fi movie. Shiver shiver!

I got some Salvia gregii 'Cherry Queen' this week which is one of my
favorites, and a very cool Alocasia 'Polly' that is on my front porch. Also
a new lime green ceramic pot for 50% off and a few other odds and ends. I'm
very much looking forward to less humid weather so I can play out there for