Re: A washingtonpost.com article from: islandjim1@verIzon.net

I wish I could have know my maternal great grand mother.  There is
limited info available about her, but she was a woman born before her
times, clearly.  Apparently she was a teletype (not sure if this is the
correct term) operator on the transcontinental railroad before she got
married, after marriage she moved to Florida with her husband to run a
farm.  Her husband realized he wasn't going to get rich farming and
wanted to leave.  She said goodbye to him and stayed and ran the farm
herself until she was elderly.  My mom always teases me and tells me
that I got some of my genes from "Grannie"- both my green thumb, short
stature and of course that stubborn streak!  She was a true pioneer
woman in my eyes!

Theresa