sod cutter?

Have any of you used a sod cutter to remove your existing lawn? Just curious how hard they are to use. It finally came to my attention today that my back yard is inundated with bermuda grass- how lovely! So, I started ripping it out, only to eventually realize that there was way more in more places than I could reasonable rip out, and at some point it just makes sense to replace the sod entirely.

Any advise it welcome!