To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] sod cutter?

So- what does kill Bermuda grass??

Theresa

Pam Evans wrote:
Barb's right. I had to dig some Bermuda out of my big rose bed a couple
years ago and some of the roots went down about 18 inches. My elbows were
just at ground level and I was still feeling roots w/ the end of my
fingers. That's the worst stuff. Lord only knows why anyone plants it!
The good news is that St. Augustine seems to crowd it out and do away w/
it. I only leave a little bit of it up front because Sugar loves to eat
it.