From: Daryl <pulis@mindspring.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 2:18:14 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Prayers/good thoughts requested

Some of you know it's been a bad summer here. Aside from the joy of adopting
the kitten, everything else has been downhill - health, jobs, etc. My Dad
fell and broke his back. He had surgery and did his physical therapy with
gusto, but at 92,with other medical problems,  it can't ever be the same.
I've tore a shoulder lifting his rollater (rolling walker) into the car, and
have had my foot in an aircast most of the summer - it helped, but a few
days without it and walking is agony.

The latest is my poor old dog Buddy, who has had vomiting and diarrhea for
more than a month. Initial tests looked good. The vet is now suspecting a
tumor, but had hoped that a weekend of a different treatment would do it.
Not. The poor guy has the pinched look that shows he's in pain and isn't
enjoying life.