Re: bringing plants in

Kitty, I move them in & out   for several days reducing the outdoor time each
day.   Then I wash them down well with soapy water making sure I get under
the foliage, etc.   Add soil if needed and slow release fertilizer.   Yrs before
I have washed chemicals thru the soil & applied a systemic however all has
been taken off the market.   I chkd with Bayer regarding a systemic that could
be applied for indoor plants and they have nothing.   They do have a product
that may be applied indoors as a solution. I have been in classes the past 2
days renewing my Garden consultant certification and I asked one of the ISU
horticulture professor if she could suggest something.   Nothing!
     BTW, ISU Forestry provided one of the sessions & we received an update
regarding EAB which now is 20 mins east of Muscatine, Iowa.   The Bayer product
you spoke of has not proven successful & will probably be taken from the
market due to its toxic value.   Has EAB been found in your area?   Our community
tree population is about 50% ash.   Other communities are higher.   Next week
I am meeting with a couple of our city employees to discuss a plan & try to
setup a program for replacement for our development as well as educating our
community and taking a detail inventory.   Hopefully other areas will follow
suit.   I remember the elm removal scene to well.
     Ceres