Re: bringing plants in

The product I mentioned was Merit, but I was referring to its use against Jap Beetles. Then someone else asked abt its app against EAB. I hadn't heard anything about Merit being pulled and it's always been touted as having low toxicity, though I'm not up to speed on the latest info on it.

We heard a speker about 18mo ago on EAB, knowing it was coming. I do believe we've had some sitings here, but again, I'm not up on the latest.

neIN, Zone 5

BTW, ISU Forestry provided one of the sessions & we received an update
regarding EAB which now is 20 mins east of Muscatine, Iowa. The Bayer product
you spoke of has not proven successful & will probably be taken from the
market due to its toxic value. Has EAB been found in your area? Our community
tree population is about 50% ash. Other communities are higher. Next week
I am meeting with a couple of our city employees to discuss a plan & try to
setup a program for replacement for our development as well as educating our
community and taking a detail inventory. Hopefully other areas will follow
suit. I remember the elm removal scene to well.