Re: my knee surgery

In a message dated 9/16/06 5:00:44 PM, pdickson@sbcglobal.net writes:

> My mom had some home care that came in to
> help her when she had trouble.  Do you know of anything like that with
> Medicare?  I think this CPM machine is a key factor... but you would have
> have help getting into it and out of it.  I have been able to get up to 90
> degrees today... started at 30 on Thursday and need to get to 120*
> Be sure to get the help you need... as gardeners we need our knees!!!!!

Tricia, yes Medicare does pay for home care for certain surgeries such as
knee replacement.   The CPM machine is used for knee replacement also.   I
used a
machine in my therapy sessions similar to that but not at home however my mom
does have one.   Actual I am a gardener that does not use my knees.   I stand
bent over & do so for 8 hrs or more a day at times with no problems.
Perhaps my shortest is helpful.
     Ceres