Re: New plant

That is an interesting sounding plant Jim. Yesterday I drove along the coast near Pt Reyes and Tomales, stopped by "Mostly Natives" nursery and bought more things than I have room for (of course). So, I'll be figuring out more rearranging and making choices about what to keep and what to give away. Tomatos are still coming on strong in the veggies garden.

I did get the WOW down on the lawn. I'm still waiting for my nematodes to come in the mail to attack my grub problem. Maybe in the next couple of days.

james singer wrote:
Just got a new plant, hoja santa [Piper auritum]. I'm going to grow in in a large pot because it tends to sucker all around. It's got really attractive, big leaves, which have a peppery flavor and are used in central and southern Mexican cuisine. I'll post a picture when it becomes established. Meanwhile, here's some info--

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10