From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Donna
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:00 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Johnny Appleseed Festival...

I wish I could have been out gardening, but with being allergic to deet, and
all those virus carrying mosquitos, just didn't want to chance it...
and I hate getting bite up!

Besides visiting with Vera for the day, I went to harvest days for garden
metal things. There is a guy who sells yearly there at reasonable pricing
and uses thicker metal to create his. He also creates- so most many of his
things are orginial designs, not the same things you can find in a store.
Been buying for years and everything has held up well- although most of it
ended up at mothers house over the years after she seen them....

So I bought an arbor, 2 plant stands, and a obelisk - that filled the van! I
also couldn't resist a santa riding a reindeer at one of the craft booths,
so that had to come home too... along with a sweatshirt and latern that will
be used for family Xmas presents.

Bachmans is an importer warehouse near here. A few times a year they open it
to the public at 50 off wholesale pricing- big bargains!...then they really
hook you with the buy one at 50 off and get another one free on a couple of
promo items!....... but you never know just what they will offer. They sell
to other wholesalers and most stuff ends up in high end stores, hallmarks,
and florist shops. This time, I bought some decorative pots, pillar stand,
ribbon, a few more santas and other xmas decorations. I mean where else can
you buy 50yards of 3inch ribbon wired quality stuff for less than 5.00? -
Ok- you guys probably do know where, but around here it is unheard of. :)

Donna