from my nephew/ot

I wanted to share this from my nephew,Russ, the one that was in Iraq last year. This sounded important enough to share it with as many as you can.
thank you,
Tricia
Fellow Marines, Friends, & Family,

I urge you to take the time out of your day (and hopefully a little cash out of your wallet) to help support this young Marine and his wife. Christie, only 25 years old, has a rare, painful, and terminal melanoma and needs constant care. SSgt Gutierrez was a recruiter here in Lubbock and is now on the active duty staff at the Reserve Center in order to be able to spend more time with Christie. [As an aside, he was a runner-up for the Marine Corps Times Marine of the Year.]

On September 22, SSgt Clemente Gutierrez will be competing in the Red Man Ironman Triathlon in Oklahoma City. It is a grueling race, with a 2.5 mile swim, followed by a 113 mile bike ride, and then a full-length marathon. He will wear on his back, as always, a picture of Christie and a brief description of her cancer. Please support him and his beautiful wife as he races by visiting and donating via the Team ACS website!

To find out a little bit about their lives and their struggle, visit their personal website. Her journal is stirring and I recommend reading it.

Semper Fidelis,

2ndLt. Russell Shinn