From: pdickson [mailto: pdickson@sbcglobal.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:22:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] my knee surgery

Ceres,<br>I am at home, my surgery was done in an outpatient clinic on
Thursday <br>morning. I had a drain tube which was full yesterday when
they took the bag <br>off. Did you have that? I am thinking that helped
with getting rid of some <br>of the swelling. I am still swollen but the
PT measured my knee yesterday <br>and it was only 2-3 cm larger than the
good one so not much swelling left.<br>The doctor talked to me before
and my husband after about arthritis in the <br>knee. I have pain in the
good one too but no where near as much as I had in <br>the bad one.<br>I
had a skiing accident over 20 years ago and now it is the one that I am
ligaments so <br>that was damaging the cartilage.<br> I am 51, how old
are you... if you don't mind me asking? He gave me some <br>strength
exercises to do yesterday so I better get to doing them. He also

them where I teach <br>myself to walk wrong... he said be sure to swing
my leg all the way through <br>just like I would do if I was walking
normal. I hope some of this makes <br>sense... when I reread it I am not
sure I can understand it.<br>Tricia<br>----- Original Message -----
Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:55 AM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] my knee
you in the hospital?<br>> What was your injury? My knee is still swollen
from my July 5 surgery. <br>> I<br>> don't have pain but the exercises
have not buildup the strength in my knee <br>> as I<br>> had before the
problem nor the stride length or speed. In addition <br>> there is<br>>
lots of arthritis in the knee which is I'm sure is no surprise at my

message text UNSUBSCRIBE

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com