Re: Root Beer

Sassafrass grows in the woods here.  I don't actively cultivate it, but
there are several on the edge of the property.  It colors up nicely in
the fall and the logs are fragrant to burn.  The latest book from Brooklyn
Botanic Garden, which arrived yesterday, is "Native Alternative to Invasive
Plants."  This recommends sassafras as an alternative to Sapium
serbiferum or Chinese Tallow Tree, which is something I never heard of
before, so it must not be invasive in these parts.
Auralie

In a message dated 09/19/2006 4:08:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,