Re: Root beer

Sassafras is native to east Tx. too.  Grows in sandy soils, so surely  should
grow in Florida (if it isn't native there also).   I've  personally not grown
it, but many do without problem with heat, etc.

Confusing....at first when I saw "root beer" ...my first thought was  with
the invasive Hierba de Santos, Piper auritum.  I thought, oh my  gosh, it gets
to be a tree!!!  Then I read further. Never  mind....
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

We were  just talking about root beer, and today Megan, the