Re: Re: Burr....it's getting cold out!

Your lemon would probably be happier with that than with other alternatives possible in your area. The trees are pretty hardy--when we worry about freezes and citrus, we worry because of the fruit. Most citrus comes ripe in mid to late winter.

On Sep 22, 2006, at 11:12 AM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

We get down into the 20s on winter nights. I've wondered if I could
plant my dwarf lemon in the ground, pop a portable greenhouse over it
and plug in some Christmas lights for heat at night. It's never below
freezing during the day.
Maybe someday I'll try it.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of TeichFlora@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:30 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Re: Burr....it's getting cold out!

Daryl, People do that all along the Gulf Coast, even with just regular
Xmas lights. I leave mine up after Xmas through January, just in case.
It really does help. Probably not up north, but for us down here in
the south, it does.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 9/20/2006 11:02:31 PM Central Standard Time,