RE: {Disarmed} re

Ahh, yes.... Sometimer's Disease.  I'm quite familiar with it.  (sigh)

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of azwhall@att.net
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 12:40 AM
To: Tony Orpi; Jim Singer; Laura M Gabriel; Mike Hall; Michael Hall; Jim
Hackiewicz; Robert Carran
Subject: [CHAT] {Disarmed} re

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention
Deficit Disorder. This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my
car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table
that I brought up from the mailbox earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can
under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the
garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only 1 check
left.My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house
to my desk where I find the can of Diet Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Diet Coke
aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Diet Coke
is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it

As I head toward the kitchen with the Diet Coke, a vase of flowers on the
counter catch es my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Diet Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses
that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and
suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the
remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to
put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the
floor.So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe
up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

----the car isn't washed,
----the bills aren't paid,
----there is a warm can of Diet Coke sitting on the counter, ----the flowers
don't have enough water, ----there is still only 1 check in my check book,
----I can't find the remote, ----I can't find my glasses, ----and I don't
remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really
baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem and I'll try to get some help for it,
but first I'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favor, will you? Forward this message to everyone you know, because
I don't remember to whom it has been sent.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

Keep 'em Green
Semper Fi
Wayne-Gilbert, AZ

Web Site: