From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Andrea Hodges
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 6:23 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] list

Sounds sort of like my days Zem. I'm home at 5, then walk for an hour, then
fix some dinner, then chores, then hit the couch. I hope everyone is doing
well with their fall gardens. My shade garden is slowly coming together. My
landlord let me have my fence extended so me and the dogs have lots more
room to maneuver now. It's very exciting. LOL! I never thought I'd be so
happy to have more fence. I've still got a pile of bricks in the middle of
the shade bed and I can't really use them for anything as my landlord wants
them. I'm going to move them slowly to another part of the yard.It's a HUGE
pile. If I wanted a giant patio I could certainly have one. But Oh well.
I've put in a regular mophead hydrangea, a H. lemon wave, H. Harlequin, a
Philippine violet (the Latin escapes me at the moment) variegated Aucuba,
Camellia 'Nuccio's Pearl' Azalea 'Anna Kehr' some serissa. Hosta 'Sum and
Substance.'

Um, 3 ferns, Autumn Brilliance, a Clerodendrum bungei (which is surrounded
by a large iron container to keep it under control) Fatsia, and a Salvia
Belize, which is supposed to do well in shade. I have lots more plans for it
in the spring and I have a Camellia 'Jean's Unsurpassable' that should
arrive in October. It's one of my favorites. It's all very exciting. The
dogs are loving having more room to move too. They get very excited and tear
around the yard. It's so funny. In less than 2 weeks they've shown me their
"path" around the yard so now I know where I can plant and where I can't. I
have a gate that goes out into the unfenced back part now, which is sunny so
I'll get to plant out there too. My landlord is a dear friend and doesn't
give a hoot what I do with the property since he's planning on keeping it
and if he ever sells it I get first dibs. I'm actually enjoying NOT being a
homeowner for once.