Re: still having technical difficulty

Personally, I don't care who or where bolts the fenders on as long as the huckster peddling the end result has a local address and legal responsibility for its performance. About 50 years ago, American automobile manufacturers decided automobiles were expendable merchandise--you know, buy a new one every 3 years--and quit making vehicles where the parts fit and didn't fall off in a couple of years. I saw a new Caddie the other day on which the body seams did not line up and the gaps around the trunk lid were not only uneven but as gaping as Alfred E. Newman's teeth. Buy American? You got to be kidding!

On Sep 29, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Bonnie & Bill Morgan wrote:

I have to agree with you Jim. They would also be ahead of the game if the
were more innovative. With Ford moving plants/jobs south of the border, no
hybrids or truly energy saving vehicles with wiz bang "gadgets" like on
windshield mapping, or collision avoidance, there is little incentive to buy
"American" in the auto industry. Most of the electronics are no longer
built in this company, so it gets very difficult to monitor quality
standards. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 2:47 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] still having technical difficulty

Doesn't that crank you up? I had a motherboard replaced once by a defective
motherboard. And they wonder why GM and Ford are in trouble.

On Sep 29, 2006, at 2:37 PM, Theresa W. wrote:

NEws Flash!  The DSL guy just left.  I'm back online at a speed faster
than a snail!  Well- the outcome was, that the replacement modem that
they sent me was defective.  So- once yet another new modem (different
model this time thankfully!) was installed, we were good to go.

Theresa

Bonnie Holmes wrote:
I agree with Bonnie M.  A couple of years ago, we had to have a tree
taken down.  I had an expert group come out...all the difference in
the world.
They ended up taking three down and pruning out a large oak without
damaging anything around them, including my garden plants.  I was
very impressed.

If you have them do any tree pruning, insist that they don't use
spikes as they can transmit disease.  Good luck on all.