Re: Chat chat

Busy day all day.  Started the morning by chasing away a family of deer
who were eating the fallen crab-apples and nibbling at everything else
green.  Decided I'd better do one more desparate spraying - doesn't
seem to do much good, but at least I try.  Added Sluggo to the latest
bean planting and replanted the bare patches where the slugs had taken
the tops off the new seedlings.  Watered the container garden .  It's so
dry, I don't know if the beans will sprout.  Showers were predicted, but
we never get them.  Spent as much time as possible working on my
current indexing job, but had to stop early to pack a box supper to take
on a Hudson River cruise.  This was laid on for Constitution Island Assn.
members, and since Chet is Co-Chm. of the Assn., I had to show my
face, too.
  Really, it was a lovely cruise from West Point up to the Newburg-Beacon
bridge and back.  The weather was gorgeous for the event - very clear,
a bit windy, and temperatures in the low 70s.  If it weren't so terribly dry,
I would have thought it perfect, but these days a rainy day would seem
beautiful weather to me.  By the time we got home, it was late enough
to wind things down and go to bed early so we could get up for early
church this morning.  It was 50 degrees when we got up, and has barely
reached 70 this afternoon.  Early fall?  The dogwoods are quite red.
Back to the index.
Auralie

In a message dated 09/02/2007 8:30:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,